The Store Associate is responsible for assisting guests in a helpful, positive manner while maintaining the appearance of the store to company standards and for assisting with operational and merchandising duties as directed.
- Greet and assist guests and drive sales. Understand their needs and wants by offering assistance; explore possible options to meet their needs by providing product information and other services, including creation of gift baskets, discussion of special promotions, etc.
- Assist with stocking the shelves, tables and under stock cabinets. Ensure all areas are stocked and sampling areas filled and clean for assigned zone throughout the shift.
- Maintain store appearance, including cleaning, dusting, and keeping sampling areas free of spills.
- Accurately receive and process incoming shipments as directed.
- Efficiently and accurately process transactions at the cash registers.
- Assist with floor moves and other visual merchandising activities as needed.
- Assist with inventory activities as directed, including cycle counts and physical inventory.
- Assist with company store special events and sales as needed.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Friendly, positive, upbeat, energetic manner with previous retail or sales experience a plus
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Must be computer literate (Microsoft Office preferred) and have basic math skills.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50lbs. on occasion, stand several hours a day and climb ladders, bend, reach, squat, kneel, twist, push and pull and perform repetitive motions.
- Must be able to move large quantities of merchandise with carts, dollies, hand trucks and other moving equipment.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays, on a regular basis